Aloo Pakoda, Aloo Bajji
Aloo Pakoda/ Aloo bajji- Deep fried crisp potato fritters
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
- 1 cup Gram flour / Besan
- 4 tbsp Rice Flour/Corn Flour
- 1 tbsp Refined Flour / Maida
- 1.5 tbsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- pinch Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Hot oil
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 3 Medium Potatoes / Aloo
- Enough Cooking Oil to deep fry
Take a bowl and add all the dry ingredients -besan,rice flour,salt ,turmeric,chili flakes ,ajwain,jeera,Hing and salt and mix well.
Now add water slowly and make a medium thick batter of smooth consistency.Batter should not be too thick or thin. it will coat the pakoda slices perfectly.
Beat the batter for a minutes to make it fluffy.cover and rest for 5 minutes.
Wash and peel the potatoes and slice into thin roundels and dip in a bowl of water ,else they will will turn dark due to oxidation.
Now add hot oil ,chopped green chilies and fresh coriander in the batter and mix well.
Heat enough oil in a wide deep pan n medium high.
Take 4-5 potato slices and add in the batter ,take each slice and gently slide in the oil.dont over crowd the pan.
Fry the pakoda's from both the sides till they are crisp and golden in colour.
When done ,drain the fried pakoda's on a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil.
Make rest of the pakoda's in the same way.If you have some leftover batter then slice few green chilies and dip in the batter and fry.
You can also store the batter in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
You can sprinkle some chat masala over the fried pakoda's (optional)
Serve crisp Aloo pakoda's with mint chutney , chili chutney or tomato ketchup