Harira/ Gud ki path - Post Natal Food
Harira/ Gud Ki Path- a very healthy and Nutritious recipe for new mothers to have after delivery
Servings: 1 person
- 1 cup Water / Paani 235 ml
- 20 Almonds / Badam
- 10 Pistachio / Pista
- 10 Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 5 tbsp Jaggary / Gud * grated
- 2 tbsp keoka spice mix *
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 8 threads Saffron / Kesar optional
Coarsely crush or slice almonds, pista and cashews and keep aside(you can roast the nuts in a tsp of ghee if you wish ,but this is optional)
Take a small pan and add water, jaggary and saffron and cook till the jaggary melts and mix completely in the water.(approx 1 minute)
Now add the kevka spice mix and the crushed nuts in the water and give it a boil.
Now add ghee in it and mix well,just give it a boil.
Drink it like a hot soup before breakfast.
- For the recipe of keoka Mix, Click this link - keoka spice mix
- You can adjust the quantity and variety of dry fruits in it ,but almonds are must in this preparation.
- You can also add roasted fox nuts/ Phool Makhana, dried grated coconut and melon seeds in it.