Fresh Turmeric Pickle /Kachchi Haldi Ka Achar
fresh turmeric ,ginger and green chilies pickle
- 350 gms Fresh turmeric / Kachchi haldi
- 150 gms Ginger / Adrak
- 1 Carrot / Gajar
- 6 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Slit lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds / Rai * Crushed
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2.2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
Wash and wipe ginger and turmeric.
Apply some oil on your hands or wear gloves as turmeric will stain your fingers .
Peel ginger, carrot and turmeric and then slice into medium size pieces.
Add salt ,mustard ,fennel seeds and oil in the ginger ,turmeric and green chili pieces and fill it in a jar.
Next day add lemon juice in it and keep in the sunlight for a day.
Start using after 2 days and keep the pickle jar in the refrigerator after 3 days.
- Wear gloves or apply oil on your hands before peeling and slicing fresh turmeric.
- Keep the pickle covered with lemon juice.
- Addition of ginger and chilies is optional ,you can make this only with turmeric if you wish.
- Taste best after 4 days.