Kela Methi Nu Shaak
Kela Methi Nu Shaak- Mildly spiced banana and fresh fenugreek stir fry
Servings: 2 people
- 3 Ripe banana/ Paka kela
- 1.5 Cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi
- 1.5 tsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- Pinch Garam Masala
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
Pick tender leaves of methi and wash them well and chop finely.Peel and slice banana in medium thick roundels and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin and carom seeds.Then add chopped green chilies and asafoetida and stir till cumin become golden in color.
Now add chopped fenugreek leaves and 3 tbsp of water.Cover the pan and cook till leaves get cooked.
Now add sugar,salt,chili powder ,garam masala and lemon juice in banana slicesAdd turmeric powder in the pan and stir to mix.
Now add banana slices in the pan and stir gently.Cook for few seconds or for a minute.
Serve hot with bajra or wheat roti.