Daliya Upma /Cracked wheat and vegetable pulao
Daliya Upma- A healthy delicious upma/pulao made with broken wheat and vegetables
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup Broken wheat / Daliya/ Fada
- 1/2 cup Carrot / Gajar chopped
- 1/2 cup French beans chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 8 Cauliflower /phool gobhi florets
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1 tbsp Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2.5 cup Water / Paani
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 2.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/3 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.5 tsp White lentil/urad daal
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
Heat oil or ghee in the pressure cooker.Add all the tempering ingredients and cashew pieces and let them crackle on medium heat.
Now add daliya and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
Add all the spices ,vegetables(except lemon juice and fresh coriander)and water.
Pressure cook on medium heat for 2 whistles.Let it cool down completely.
Then open the cooker ,add lemon juice and chopped coriander and fluff gently.
Serve hot with yogurt,raita or chutney
-Daliya is available mainly in two sizes,fine and coarse so use the thicker variety for making this Upma/ pulao.
2- Amount of water and cooking time may depend on the quality of the daliya so adjust accordingly.
3- You can add any vegetables of your choice or make it simple and just add tomato.