Sabut Moong Daal ,Khatti Methi Moong ,Sweet and Sour Mungo beans
Khatti Meethi Sabut Moong Daal
Servings: 4 person
- 1 cup Whole Moong Beans/ Sabut Moong
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 2 tsp Green chilies/Hari Mirch chopped
- 4 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1.5 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
Wash and soak moong(beans) for minimum 1 hour.
Pressure cook with 3 cups of water for 4- 5 whistles on medium flame or till cooked well and become soft.
Open the cooker and mash slightly and then add 3 cups of warm water .
Add all the spices and chopped green chili and ginger.
Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes and then simmer for 15 minutes .keep stirring in between.
Now remove from fire and add chopped coriander and ghee,mix well.
Serve with boiled rice and kadi with a spoon ful of ghee on top 🙂