Kathal Ke Beej Ki Subzi , Jackfruit Seed Stir fry
Kathal ke beej ki sabzi- Jack fruit seeds delicately stir fried in a hot spicy sauce
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups Jackfruit/kathal
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- To Taste Salt / Namak
- 6 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
Wash the seeds properly and then pressure cook for 3 whistles with a glass of water and 1/4 tsp turmeric.
Peel the skin properly and then chop them lengthwise into 6 pieces
Heat oil in a pan add cumin and carom seeds.When start crackling add asafoetida,curry leaves and chopped green chilies.
Add tomato and salt. cover and cook till tomato become soft.
Now add all the dry spices and chopped seeds ,stir well. Add 2 tbsp water mix,cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve as a side dish with daal ,rice and roti