Tawa Pulao ,Stir fried Vegetable Pilaf
Tawa pulao -Rice tossed with assorted vegetables and mixed spices
Servings: 2 person
- 3 cups Boiled rice
- 3 medium Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 1/2 cup Chopped and Boiled Carrots – 1/2 cup optional
- 1/2 cup Boiled peas – 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup Fried cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
- 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 3 tbsp Water / Paani
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
Heat oil on a tawa (or in skillet/flat pan ). Add cumin seeds, and when they start crackling add chopped tomato and salt.
Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
Fry and mash the tomatoes and then add all the vegetables and spices, and cook for a minute .
Add 3 tblsp water and mix well.
Now add rice and stir on high heat for a few seconds.
Add lemon juice and fresh coriander. Serve hot.
Serving suggestions – Best served with Yogurt or Boondi Raita.