Moong Daal Cheela Premix
Moong daal Cheela Premix- an instant ready mix for making yellow lentil crepes
Servings: 1 jar
- 1/2 kg Yellow lentil flour/ Moong daal aata
- 6 Tbsp Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta
- 1/3 CUP Whole Wheat Flour / Atta
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain Optional
- 1 tbsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 cup Sun dried fresh coriander * tightly packed
- 1/4 cup Dried green chili and ginger
Making the cheela Premix-
Take a big bowl and add all the flour and spices and mix well. Now add the sun dried green coriander,green chili,ginger and rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Store in an air tight jar and store at room temperature , will easily stays well for 2 months .
You can also keep it refrigerated for a long shelf life of 5-6 months.
How To make Sun dried coriander, green chili and ginger-
Remove the thick and hard stems of fresh coriander and then wash it well. wipe with a cloth and then chop it finely. spread on a big plate and keep it in indirect sunlight or under a fan and dry completely . It will take 2 days to dry it.Or spread on a paper plate or paper napkin in a single layer and dry in microwave for 4-5 minutes Chop green chilies or pulse in an vegetable chopper ,peel and grate ginger and then mix both and spread on a big plate and sun dry for 2-3 days till dried completely.Or spread on a paper plate or paper napkin in a single layer and dry in microwave for 4-5 minutes
How To Make Cheela with this Premix
Take required quantity of cheela mix in a bowl and add equal quantity of water and whisk well to make a lump free batter.(you may need some more or less water according to quality of flour used.)
Cover the batter with a lid and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Heat a nonstick tawa on medium heat , apply some oil on the tawa and then wipe the oil with a tissue.
Pour a laddle full of batter on the tawa and spread like medium thick dosa , let it cook on medium to low heat and apply oil or ghee over and around the sides of the cheela.
When cooked from bottom then flip the cheela and cook from the other side too.
Remove when cooked from both the sides and serve hot with ketchup of chutney of your choice.
- you can add dried kasoori methi instead of dried coriander.
- Can also add fresh coriander ,green chilies and ginger instead of dried ones. Dried are added to make it as a travel food.
- If rice flour not available then use can use ground semolina instead of it.