Aloo aur Moong Daal Bhajiya/ Daal ke Pakodey
Aloo Moong Daal Bhajiya-Crisp and delicious Potato and yellow lentil fritters
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 5 person
- 3/4 cup Yellow Lentil / Moong Daal (dhuli huee)
- 3 Potatoes / Aloo
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 6 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds / Sabut Dhaniya coarsely pounded
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1 tsp Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch pounded coarsely
- To Deep fry Cooking Oil
Wash and soak the yellow lentil/Moong daal for 3-4 hours.
Wash and slice potatoes in long medium thick slices and keep in a bowl of water. (don't slice too thin or too thick, peeling potato is also optional)
Drain the water from the soaked daal and wash it once with fresh water .
Add the soaked daal, ginger and 3 chopped green chilies in the mixer jar.
Add very little water and grind to make a coarse paste (don't make a fine paste )
Now add the coarsely ground lentil paste in a bowl and add salt,asafoetida, pounded coriander seeds, crushed peppercorns ,cumin seeds, red chili powder and mix it well.
Slice the remaining 4 green chilies lengthwise and add in the lentil paste along with the chopped coriander and mix.
Now heat enough oil in a wide and deep pan.
Dip the potato slices in the lentil paste and gently drop in the medium hot oil.
Deep fry on medium flame till the fritters become golden and crisp.
Don't overcrowd the pan, fry pakodas in batches till all the batter got finished.
Drain the fried pakodas on a paper napkin to absorb the extra oil.
Serve hot with green chutney,ketchup and a hot cup of tea.