Purple Cabbage Rice Recipe , Red Cabbage Pulav
Purple cabbage and pea rice - A healthy,delicious and easy to make purple cabbage and pea pilaf
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 1 cup Rice/chawal long grain
- 2 Tomato / Tamatar chopped
- 3 Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 350 gms Purple Cabbage finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/2 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar frozen or boiled
- 2 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
Wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes.
Grind together tomato, green chili and ginger and make a smooth paste.
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds and when it start to crackle add cloves and cardamom.
Add the finely shredded cabbage and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Now add the tomato puree and the spices and saute till oil start to separate.
Add yogurt and the soaked rice in the pan and stir gently to mix.
Add salt and 2 cup water and cook till it start to boil.
lower the flame and cover with a lid and cook till half done.
Now add the lemon juice and boiled or frozen peas and gently mix.
Cover the pan and cook till done.
Switch off the flame and wait for 2-3 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
serve hot with yogurt,pickle and salad .