Instant Medu Vada
Instant Medu Vada- Mildly spiced bread fritters with yogurt ,bread and rice flour
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 6 Bread slices
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour / Chawal Ka Atta
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 inch Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 8 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 8 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch crushed
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
Tear bread into small pieces and finely chop ginger, curry leaves and chilies .
Now take a big bowl and add bread,chilies,ginger,curd,rice flour and all the spices in it and mix well.
f it feels too fry then add 1-2 t.s water and make a medium soft dough.Cover and rest for 5 minutes.
Make medium size balls from the dough. Grease your palm with oil or water,flatten the ball on your palm.
Make a hole in the center with your thumb,.make all the vada's and keep them in a plate
Heat oil in a pan,and deep fry the vadas on medium heat till golden and crisp.
Serving suggestion-serve with sambhar, rasam or chutney