Instant Green Chili Sauce
Green Chili sauce- Hot, tangy,quick and easy green chili sauce
Servings: 1 cup
- 175 gms Green chili/hari mirch
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya optional.
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Potatoes / Aloo boiled and mashed(optional)
Wash and chop the green chilies and remove the stems (use mildly hot chilies ,I have used 5-6 big size mirchi/ Bhavnagri chilies and few small green chilies ,you can use the variety as much hot you want to have the chutney )
Wash and chop coriander leaves (coriander is optional)
Now in a mixer jar add the chopped chilies, coriander, cumin, salt, vinegar and sugar and blend to make a smooth puree.
Add the mashed potato and blend again to mix (addition of potato is optional,it is added to give thickness to the chutney ,but I have not used it in my sauce)
Store in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. If you want to reduce the taste of vinegar then just give it a boil on medium heat ,cool and store.
Stays well for 2-3 month in the refrigerator.
- Use a mix of thick and mildly hot chilies and few normal green chilies.
- Quantity of Sugar can be adjusted as per your choice or can be skipped altogether.
- If you want to reduce the taste of vinegar then just give it a boil on medium heat .