Green Chili Sauce- Hot, tangy,quick and easy green chili sauce
Green chili sauce- When ever I think about making any pickle, chutney or any kind of condiment green chilies came first in my mind..I love them in all forms -raw, pickled,fried ,stuffed, sauce and even in my regular parathas I love to put few green chili roundels .
I inherited this habit from my grandmother and my father who can’t have their meals with out a fresh green chili in their plates:)
Few days back I made some snacks and wanted to serve some thing tangy and spicy with that but was in hurry so just tried this easy and jhatpat green chili sauce and it taste so fresh and tangy that every one just loved it.
To make this green chili sauce try to use a combination of mildly hot chilies with few hot chilies or use as per your preference.If you find it too hot then can increase the quantity of sugar.
It can be served with snacks ,parathas, sandwiches, pulao ,it taste great with almost every thing. Addition of boiled potato is optional as it is added to give some thickness and body to the sauce but I usually make it without the addition of potato.
If you want to reduce the taste of vinegar then just give it a boil on medium heat . Do try this tangy and so easy to make sauce and give me your feedback.
I make so many variety of pickle and chutnies regularly –
- Plum chutney,
- Apple chutney ,
- Kiwi Mint chutney,
- Rajkot Chutney
- Bhune Tamatar Ki Chutney ,
- Amrood Pudina Ki Chutney
- Salsa Verde
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
Instant Green Chili Sauce
- 175 gms Green chili/hari mirch
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya optional.
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 cup White Vinegar / Sirka
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 1 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Potatoes / Aloo boiled and mashed(optional)
- Wash and chop the green chilies and remove the stems (use mildly hot chilies ,I have used 5-6 big size mirchi/ Bhavnagri chilies and few small green chilies ,you can use the variety as much hot you want to have the chutney )
- Wash and chop coriander leaves (coriander is optional)
- Now in a mixer jar add the chopped chilies, coriander, cumin, salt, vinegar and sugar and blend to make a smooth puree.
- Add the mashed potato and blend again to mix (addition of potato is optional,it is added to give thickness to the chutney ,but I have not used it in my sauce)
- Store in a glass bottle and keep refrigerated. If you want to reduce the taste of vinegar then just give it a boil on medium heat ,cool and store.
- Stays well for 2-3 month in the refrigerator.
- Use a mix of thick and mildly hot chilies and few normal green chilies.
- Quantity of Sugar can be adjusted as per your choice or can be skipped altogether.
- If you want to reduce the taste of vinegar then just give it a boil on medium heat .