Ripe banana curry
Paka Kela Ki Sabzi- A sweet and sour curry made with Ripe banana
Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time9 mins
Servings: 3 person
- 6 Elaichi Banana #
- 2 tsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 cup Water / Paani
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- salt to taste
- Pinch Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Peel and slice banana in medium thick roundels.
Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin and asafoetida.
When cumin start to crackle and become golden then add the turmeric, sliced banana ,rest of the spices, sugar and stir to mix and cook for 1 minute.
Now add 1 cup water and chopped ginger and let it simmer for about 4-5 minute or till banana pieces become soft.
Switch off the flame and then add the lemon juice and chopped coriander in the sabzi.
Mix and serve hot with Poori or paratha.
- I have used the small elaichi kela but you can use the normal variety of ripe kela to make this.(use 2.5 banana for this recipe)
- You can adjust the quantity of water according to your preference, can add little more or less water,taste good both ways !
- If banana's are over ripe then you can skip adding sugar,sugar is optional.