Paka Kela Ki Sabzi- A sweet and sour curry made with Ripe banana
Paka kela ki sabzi is a quick and delicious Instant kind of sabzi. It is the best recipe to use your ripe or slightly over ripe bananas.This sabzi can be made jhatpat with the very basic spices available in every home. If you love slight sweet and sour taste in your food then you will surely love this .
This Paka kela ki sabzi is a Gujarati Jain dish as no onion and garlic is used to make this so you can use this as Naivadhya or as a fasting food. Can substitute red chili powder with pepper powder and skip turmeric if you want to make this for fasting.The flavour of ripe banana is enhanced with the use of ginger, green chili, lemon and black salt.
You can serve this sabzi with any Indian bread ,taste great with poori, paratha and roti.
I love making fruit based chutney and sabzi’s and often makes Mixed Fruit chutney , Amrood ki Chutney and the easy ,healthy and delicious Apple Ki sabzi is the favorite of everyone in my family. I made this paka kela ki sabzi after a long gap,few days back My Friend Rajni Agarwal, who is an awesome cook and always churn delicious amazing recipes shared this ripe banana sabzi recipe.
Yesterday I made this with the few Elaichi banana lying in my fruit basket and every body just loved this sabzi. Thank you Rajni for the recipe ! Do try this paka kela ki sabzi and I am sure you will love this too.
You can try these delicious Banana Recipes-
- Kela Methi Nu shaak ,
- Khalwa/Kela methi bhajiya,
- Stuffed Banana Pakoda
- Banana Chocolate Muffins,
- Minty Banana Raita
Ripe banana curry
- 6 Elaichi Banana #
- 2 tsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 1 cup Water / Paani
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Sugar / Chini
- salt to taste
- Pinch Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Peel and slice banana in medium thick roundels.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin and asafoetida.
- When cumin start to crackle and become golden then add the turmeric, sliced banana ,rest of the spices, sugar and stir to mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add 1 cup water and chopped ginger and let it simmer for about 4-5 minute or till banana pieces become soft.
- Switch off the flame and then add the lemon juice and chopped coriander in the sabzi.
- Mix and serve hot with Poori or paratha.
- I have used the small elaichi kela but you can use the normal variety of ripe kela to make this.(use 2.5 banana for this recipe)
- You can adjust the quantity of water according to your preference, can add little more or less water,taste good both ways !
- If banana's are over ripe then you can skip adding sugar,sugar is optional.