Moringa Leaves and Potato sabzi
Moringa Leaves and Potato sabzi-- A healthy stir fry made with Moringa leaves and potatoes
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 5 cup Moringa leaves/ drumstick leaves Tightly packed
- 4 medium Potatoes / Aloo 500 gms
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- Pinch of Asafoetida / Hing powder
Wash the moringa leaves in enough water and squeeze gently and keep aside.
Wash and peel the potatoes and if you have new potatoes you can just scrub them well.
Chop the potatoes in cubes and keep aside.
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and then add cumin seeds .
When it start crackling add chopped green chilies and asafoetida and after few seconds add turmeric powder.
Now add chopped potatoes and salt and give a nice stir to mix.
Cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat till it about 80%cooked .
Now add the moringa leaves and red chili powder and mix well.
Again cover the pan with a lid and cook till its done.
Now add mango powder and mix well,cover again for a minute and then serve hot or cold.
Serving suggestions- can be served as a side dish with roti,bread and rice,can be stuffed in wraps,rolls and sandwiches.
- I have used about 5 cups of leaves but you can easily double the quantity of leaves if available.
- I have not chopped the leaves but you can chop them if you want.
- Can use lemon juice instead of mango powder.