How To Make Sattu Ka Paratha
Sattu ka Paratha - Healthy and delicious Flatbread stuffed with roasted gram-flour and few basic Indian spices.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 1 cup Sattu
- 5 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tbsp Green chili/hari mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 2.5 tbsp Pickle masala *
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel to add in sattu
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder optional
- 3 cup Wheat flour dough * For making paratha
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil or ghee for roasting the parathas
In a bowl add all the ingredients (except the wheat flour dough) and mix them well.
Slightly crush and mash with fingers so the stuffing bind together due to the coriander, oil and lemon juice.
You can sprinkle some water if the stuffing is too dry .(if the stuffing is too dry then it will fall off while eating so the stuffing should be slightly moist so it will stick well with the paratha)
Now take a medium size dough ball and spread it a little and then stuff it with the sattu mixture approx 2-3 tbsp and then close the dough ball from all the sides.
Dust it with dry flour and roll it with a rolling pin and make a medium thick paratha.
Transfer the rolled paratha on the hot tawa/griddle and then dry roast it from both the sides on medium heat.
Now apply oil or ghee on both sides and roast by gently pressing with a spatula till it turn golden in colour from both the sides.
Serve hot and delicious sattu ka paratha with pickle,chutney ,curd or curry of your choice.
- You can adjust the spice level according to your taste preference but taste best when it is spicy ,addition of red chili powder is optional.
- You can add the pickle masala from the stuffed red chili pickle (banarasi mirch ka achar) or mango pickle. Traditionally red chili pickle masala is used which gives a nice taste and flavour to the sattu ka paratha,but you can use any pickle masala available.
- Wheat flour dough- just add 1/2 tsp salt in the wheat flour and make a medium soft dough which you normally make for stuffed parathas.