Green Moong Daal - Roz Ka Khana
Moong daal chilka waali Daal cooked in a simple pressure cooker way
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 5 person
- 1 cup yellow lentil with husk/ moong daal chilka
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 3 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
Wash and soak lentil in enough water for about 20 minutes
Add the soaked lentil along with water (water -1 inch above the lentil level),add chopped tomato, green chili and turmeric and pressure cook for 2 whistles
Let the pressure cooker cool down and then add chopped ginger, salt, turmeric, coriander powder and about 3 cup water , 1/2 tsp sugar and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes
Heat ghee in a small pan and add cumin ,when cumin start crackling then add curry leaves and whole red chili and remove from the flame.
Add red chili powder and asafoetida and add the tempering in the simmering daal and mix.
Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
Serve hot with steamed rice and roti.