Chilkey wali Moong Daal /split green moong daal with husk – split green moong daal cooked in a simple pressure cooker way
Chilkey wali moong daal- Lentils are a part of daily menu in most of the Indian houses.There are variety of lentils which are regularly cooked in Indian homes ,some are easy and simple to cook and easy to digest and some are heavy to digest and not suitable for daily use.
Moong daal are of 3 types ,whole moong daal/ sabvut Moong, Yellow moong daal / Split yellow lentil and moong daal chilka /split moong daal with husk. Yellow moong daal and moong daal chilka is best for regular use as it have a good amount of fiber and so it is easier to digest and quite easy to cook too .
It helps to reduce weight and good for high blood pressure and diabetic patients.It also have a good amount of Iron,fiber and protein in it so very good to include it in your regular diet.
I often make this easy chilkey wali moong daal and AS I cook it in pressure cooker so it takes less time and is fuss free too. Most of the lentils I make regularly are cooked in the pressure cooker and the recipes are also simple to cook yet taste delicious.
This chilkey wali moong daal pairs well with simple steamed rice and roti.
Do Try these simple and delicious Daal/lentil recipes from My blog-
- Punjabi lungar wali daal
- Surati Tuvar daal
- Sabut Green moong daal,
- Sabut Masoor Daal
- Daal Makhani
- Daal Palak
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Green Moong Daal - Roz Ka Khana
- 1 cup yellow lentil with husk/ moong daal chilka
- 1 Tomatoes / Tamatar chopped
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 3 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- Wash and soak lentil in enough water for about 20 minutes
- Add the soaked lentil along with water (water -1 inch above the lentil level),add chopped tomato, green chili and turmeric and pressure cook for 2 whistles
- Let the pressure cooker cool down and then add chopped ginger, salt, turmeric, coriander powder and about 3 cup water , 1/2 tsp sugar and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes
- Heat ghee in a small pan and add cumin ,when cumin start crackling then add curry leaves and whole red chili and remove from the flame.
- Add red chili powder and asafoetida and add the tempering in the simmering daal and mix.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and roti.
Deepta Avantsa says
Thank you for this simple and tasty recipe. I like all your posts,
They are visually appealing and you write the instructions or the method in such lovely way, it makes one try them!! I came upon your blog recently and i look forward to cooking and sharing feedback with you as well.
Thank you so much Deepta !!looking forward to your comment and feedbacks 🙂
I always use the other two type of dals but have. Ever tried this one with husk.. this looks like a yummy curry that can be used to have with chappathi n also jeera rice.. will try this sometime ?
Just an observation – This recipe says Chilkey wali Moong Daal /split green moong daal with husk but the ingredients say 1 cup Whole Green Lentils / Sabut Moong. It might need to be edited accordingly 🙂
Thank You so much Rachitha,I have edited the recipe 🙂