Homemade Instant Rava Upma Mix for Making Upma/ Rava Idli- Travel Food
Instant Rava Upma mix - to make instant and fussfree quick Rava upma in just 5 minutes
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 3 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts / Kaju chopped
- 4 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 20 Curry Leaves
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Citric Acid/nimbu phool/taatri powdered
- 6 Dried Red Chilli, Whole broken into pieces
- 8 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 4 tsp Bengal gram /chana daal
- 4 tsp White Lentils / Urad ki dal (dhuli)
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder optional
Heat a pan and add chopped green chilies and curry leaves,ginger and saute on low heat for about 2-3 minutes. now add the chopped coriander and keep stirring for a minute
Remove from the pan and keep aside.
Heat oil in the and add the gram daal and urad daal and stir fry till they start changing colour.(or saute for few seconds)
Now add mustard seeds,cumin seeds ,broken cashew pieces and asafoetida.
When mustard start crackling then add the broken dried red chilies, roasted green chili,ginger ,coriander mix and stir for few seconds.
Now add semolina and saute on low flame for 5-7 minutes.keep stirring it.
Switch off the flame and add salt and citric acid and mix.
You can also add turmeric if you wish .
Let it cool down completely for 5-6 hours or best rest it overnight.
When it cool down completely then pack in ziplock baags or in an airtight container.
It stays well for 2 month at room temperature and for 5 months inside the refrigerator.