Laal Mirch Ka Achar / Red Chili Pickle -Easy way
A very special ,delicious and tangy Fresh Red Chili Pickle- Specialty Of Uttar Pradesh
- 400 gms Fresh Red Chilies/taaza laal mirch
- 4 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Seeds / Rai * powdered
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1.5 cup Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar / Sirka optional
Wash and wipe the chilies and then chop into roundels.
In a pan dry roast fenugreek, mustard, fennel,cumin and Nigella seeds till they start giving a nice aroma.
Grind the roasted spices to make a coarse powder.
Heat mustard oil till it start to smoke and then let it cool down a bit.
Now add all the ground masala /roasted spice mix and the rest of the spicesand vinegar in the oil and mix well.
When the oil cool down completely then add it in the chopped red chilies and mix well.
Store in a glass jar and keep in sunlight for 4 days.
Start using after a week.
Serving- serve this pickle with poori ,paratha, khichdi, rice ,mathri etc.
Use of kalonji is optional ,you can use cumin instead