Easy Red Chili Pickle Recipe-Laal Mirch Ka Achar- A very special,delicious and tangy Fresh Red Chili Pickle – Specialty Of Uttar Pradesh
Easy Red Chili Pickle – Laal Mirch Ka Achar- Pickles are an integral part of Indian cuisine. There are numerous types of pickles made in each region and state of India . Raw mango pickle and chili pickle is the most loved among the whole lot of variety of pickles.
Pickle are mainly of two types -first the yearly type and other are seasonal which are made in small batches as usually they have a short shelf life.
Red chili pickle is a very popular pickle of Banaras which is also popular as bharwa laal mirch ka achar. This pickle have a very long shelf life and I have never seen it spoiling by any chance. Though the process need time and patience as the red chilies are stuffed in a special way.
The stem of red chilies are removed from the back side and then the prepared masala is stuffed inside with the help of a toothpick. The shelf life of that pickle is till it last in your pantry 🙂
I love Banarasi mirch ka achar but as stuffed chilies have good amount of masala inside and now I am trying to avoid too much spicy food. so I have to try a different way to make this pickle.
When I spotted these fresh red chilies in the market I Immediately brought few. Then I tried making this easy and simple style of pickle but with the same flavor and taste of Banarasi lal mirch achar . Do try this pickle it turn out amazing !!
Do try these Delicious Recipes-
- Stuffed Red Chili Pickle
- Raita Marcha
- Green Chili Sauce
- Aloo Pakoda/ Bajji
- Date Tamarind Chutney
- Matar Ki Kachori
Laal Mirch Ka Achar / Red Chili Pickle -Easy way
- 400 gms Fresh Red Chilies/taaza laal mirch
- 4 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Seeds / Rai * powdered
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds / Methidana
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 3 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1.5 cup Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar / Sirka optional
- Wash and wipe the chilies and then chop into roundels.
- In a pan dry roast fenugreek, mustard, fennel,cumin and Nigella seeds till they start giving a nice aroma.
- Grind the roasted spices to make a coarse powder.
- Heat mustard oil till it start to smoke and then let it cool down a bit.
- Now add all the ground masala /roasted spice mix and the rest of the spicesand vinegar in the oil and mix well.
- When the oil cool down completely then add it in the chopped red chilies and mix well.
- Store in a glass jar and keep in sunlight for 4 days.
- Start using after a week.
- Serving- serve this pickle with poori ,paratha, khichdi, rice ,mathri etc.