Chatapati Masala Mirch
Green chili fry-A quick and delicious green chili fry made with pickling spices.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 2 bowl
- 200 gms Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf coarsely pounded
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
Wash the green chilies and then slit them from the center to separate the two parts but keep the stem intact to hold it together.(if the chilies are small in size then just prick them 2-3 times and can use them whole)
Heat oil in a pan and add fennel seeds and mustard seeds.
When mustard start crackling add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
Add the green chilies and salt and mix well.
Now cover the pan with a lida dn cook on low heat till the chilies become slightly soft.
Now add coriander powder, fennel powder and mango powder and mix it well.
Cover and cook for a minute so the spices get cooked .
Now switch off the flame and serve as a side dish or pickle with your food.
Stays well for 3-4 days at room temperature and for 10 days in refrigerator.