Green chili fry-A quick and delicious stir fried green chilies.
Green Chili Fry- As I have already mentioned earlier that I love making pickles and chutneys more then making daal and curries. So at least once in every week I make some fresh pickle or new variation of some fruit or vegetable chutney. There are so many pickle and Chutney jars in my refrigerator and pantry. My children are not a big fan of pickles like me but the chutneys are finished as soon as they are made 🙂
Green chili pickle is my favorite and I try making so many different versions of pickles with chilies .The Ginger chili pickle in lemon juice is the easiest and most frequent made .Stuffed Green chili pickle is my mom’s specialty and how much do I try but it never taste like hers. You can also try this Maharashtrian Green Chili Pickle which is slightly different then my regular pickle recipe.
Pickles are an integral part of our food .They can perk up any boring or simple food like the Moong Daal Khichdi, simple and easy Lauki ki sabzi etc. This Green chili fry or masala mirch is a quick fix recipe or can say an instant pickle . As it is low in fat so can be easily packed in lunch boxes and it easily stays good for 2-3 days at room temperature so a good travel food. Try making this chukki hari mirch (as we call it in my family )with mild green chilies if you don’t like too spicy food .
Chatapati Masala Mirch
- 200 gms Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf coarsely pounded
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Wash the green chilies and then slit them from the center to separate the two parts but keep the stem intact to hold it together.(if the chilies are small in size then just prick them 2-3 times and can use them whole)
- Heat oil in a pan and add fennel seeds and mustard seeds.
- When mustard start crackling add asafoetida and turmeric powder.
- Add the green chilies and salt and mix well.
- Now cover the pan with a lida dn cook on low heat till the chilies become slightly soft.
- Now add coriander powder, fennel powder and mango powder and mix it well.
- Cover and cook for a minute so the spices get cooked .
- Now switch off the flame and serve as a side dish or pickle with your food.
- Stays well for 3-4 days at room temperature and for 10 days in refrigerator.