Badam ka Harira Recipe ,How To Make Badam Ka Harira
Badam Ka Harira- a very healthy,delicious and easy to make almond and milk drink for winters and as a very good post natal food for new mothers and lactating mothers.
Prep Time2 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time8 mins
Servings: 2 person
- 2.5 cup Full fat Milk
- 4 tbsp Badam /almond powdered
- 1 tsp Whole Wheat Flour / Atta optional
- 2.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 2.5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- few Saffron / Kesar
- pinch Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder *
- 4 Pistachio / Pista sliced
take dry almonds and grind to make a fine powder (you can also soak ,peel and then grind almonds,but using dry almonds is an easy and instant way)
Take a heavy bottom pan and add ghee.
Now add wheat flour and roast on low heat till it start giving a nice aroma and become light brown(addition of wheat flour is optional but it gives a nice flavour and thickness to the harira)
Now add almond powder and roast on low heat to a nice golden colour.
Now add milk and saffron and let it come to a boil and then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add sugar and let it cook for 2 minutes.keep stirring it else it may stick to the bottom,
Now add cardamom powder and remove from the flame.(add cardamom powder during summer and pinch of nutmeg during winter season)
Garnish with Pistachio slices and serve piping hot at breakfast or dinner.
- Add cardamom powder during summer and nutmeg during winter season)
- You can use a mix nut powder instead of using almond powder .
- You can adjust the thickness of harira as per your preference by adding more or less quantity of milk.
- you can also soak ,peel and then grind almonds,but using dry almonds is an easy and instant way)