Badam Ka Harira- a very healthy,delicious and easy to make drink for winters and as a postpartum food
Badam Ka Harira is a very delicious and nourishing drink . It is very popular in my community as a post natal food . Every new mother is given this badam ka harira or the Gud ka Harira as post natal drink regularly for 40 days . This Badam ka harira is very good for kids and adults both.
Badam ka harira can be made by peeling and grinding overnight soaked almonds but I found this dry grinding method much quicker and easier then the soaking and peeling method. Result of both are the same so I always prefer this way. Just grind a good quantity of dry almonds and store in a glass bottle and make this badam ka harira in just 5 minutes. You can have this harira whenever you want to have some some thing warm and nourishing. You can have this harira in breakfast or dinner.
If you are looking for some more winter special recipes then do try-
- Aloo makki paratha
- Gond aur Nariyal ki Panjiri
- Gud ka Harira
- Instant Badam Halwa
- Date and Almond Milk
- Fresh Turmeric Pickle
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Badam ka Harira Recipe ,How To Make Badam Ka Harira
- 2.5 cup Full fat Milk
- 4 tbsp Badam /almond powdered
- 1 tsp Whole Wheat Flour / Atta optional
- 2.5 tbsp Sugar / Chini
- 2.5 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- few Saffron / Kesar
- pinch Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder *
- 4 Pistachio / Pista sliced
- Almond powder- take dry almonds and grind to make a fine powder (you can also soak ,peel and then grind almonds,but using dry almonds is an easy and instant way)
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add ghee.
- Now add wheat flour and roast on low heat till it start giving a nice aroma and become light brown(addition of wheat flour is optional but it gives a nice flavour and thickness to the harira)
- Now add almond powder and roast on low heat to a nice golden colour.
- Now add milk and saffron and let it come to a boil and then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and let it cook for 2 minutes.keep stirring it else it may stick to the bottom,
- Now add cardamom powder and remove from the flame.(add cardamom powder during summer and pinch of nutmeg during winter season)
- Garnish with Pistachio slices and serve piping hot at breakfast or dinner.
- Add cardamom powder during summer and nutmeg during winter season)
- You can use a mix nut powder instead of using almond powder .
- You can adjust the thickness of harira as per your preference by adding more or less quantity of milk.
- you can also soak ,peel and then grind almonds,but using dry almonds is an easy and instant way)