Aam Papad Chutney , Mango Leather Chutney
Aam papad chutney - Sweet,sour,spicy delicious Mango leather and fruit chutney!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 150 Grams Mango Leather / Aam Papad
- 1.5 tsp Tamarind / Imli Pulp ( Optional )
- 1 cup Grapes (Green, Seedless)
- 1.5 Banana
- 1.5 cup Sugar / Chini *
- 2.5 cup Water / Paani
- 3/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1/2 tsp Salt / Namak
- 2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder / Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
Chop the aam papad in small pieces and soak it in a 1.5 cup of water overnight or approx.4 hours or till it become soft.
Grind the soaked aam papad in the mixer or with a hand blender and make a smooth puree.
Take this puree in a pan and then add 1.5 cup water, tamarind pulp and sugar and cook on medium heat.
When the mix starts boiling lower the flame and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add salt, ginger, cumin powder,asafoetida and chili powder, mix and switch off the flame.
Let it cool down completely, then chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
Now add sliced bananas and grapes.(check notes below)
Serve with Dahi Wada ,chaat or any snack or starter of your choice
- If you are making this chutney in a small quantity then you may skip the boiling procedure - just add everything after grinding. Mix well,add fruits and serve.
- Add fruits in just the portion you want to use now ,remove the banana slices from the leftover chutney before refrigerating, because it may get discolored and starts giving off a very strong banana flavour.
- Stays fresh easily for 3 weeks in a refrigerator.
- Instead of tamarind you can use mango powder.
- You can adjust the quantity of sugar and tamarind according to your taste and the quality of aam papad
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 142g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 488mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 132g | Vitamin A: 1000IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.9mg