lauki mangodi ki sabzi
Lauki Mangodi ki sabzi-Bottle gourd cooked with dried lentil nuggets /Vadi - a specialty from Uttar Pradesh
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 600 gms Bottle Gourd / Lauki
- 3/4 cup Moong daal mangodi
- 1 cup Tomato / Tamatar
- 2 Green chili/hari mirch
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 3 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee *
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
Wash ,peel and chop the bottle gourd in small pieces.
Heat ghee in the pressure cooker and add cumin,whole red chili and the mangodi and saute on medium heat till become golden in color.
Now add green chili ,tomato and asafoetida and the spices- salt,red chili powder,turmeric,coriander powder and mix well.
Add water to cover the vegetable mix( approx. 1 inch above the level,or you can add more or less water as per your preference)
Now pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles or till it cooked well and bottle gourd become soft.
Open the cooker and add chopped ginger and give it a boil.
Add lemon juice and fresh coriander and mix well.
Serve hot with chapati or jeera rice.