Arbi Ki Bhujiya
Arbi Ki Bhujia- A delicious stir fry made with thinly sliced colocassia and few basic spices
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 person
- 500 gm Taro roots / Arbi / Colocasia
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1.25 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
Wash and peel or scrape arbi/ taro root with a knife.
Make thin slices and keep aside, don't wash it after slicing else it become too slimy.
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the carom seeds and cumin.
When seeds start crackling add asafoetida and then add the turmeric powder.
Immediately add the sliced arbi and stir fry for a minute.
Add salt and mix well. cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
Keep stiring it 2-3 times in between else it may stick or burn at the bottom.
When arbi slices become soft then add all the dry spices and mix well.
Stir fry for a minute and then switch off the flame.
Add lemon juice and fresh coriander ,mix and serve as a side dish or snack.