Arbi Ki Bhujiya- A delicious stir fry made with sliced colocassia and few basic spices
Arbi ki bhujiya-Arbi/ Taro root/ colacassia is a tuber, which become slightly slimy when boiled . It taste awesome if cooked perfectly. It is widely used in Northern and Southern part of India. The root and the leaves of arbi both are edible. An awesome snack is made with arbi leaves- Patra/alu vadi/pathrode which is first steamed and then stir fried, taste sweet and tangy.
I often make arbi as every one loves it in my family. Arbi can be made dry, fried and in curd gravy, all taste awesome. A very special arbi ki sabzi is made during the Radha Astmi festival of Vrindavan, which stays well for 10 days with out refrigeration.
Arbi sabzi can be made with boiled arbi and raw peeled arbi both ways and both taste great but slight different .Today I am posting Arbi ki bhujiya recipe which is made with raw thinly sliced arbi and is quite popular in Bihar , U.P and Punjab region. If you like Arbi then do try these recipes from my blog-
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Arbi Ki Bhujiya
- 500 gm Taro roots / Arbi / Colocasia
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Salt / Namak
- 1.25 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- Wash and peel or scrape arbi/ taro root with a knife.
- Make thin slices and keep aside, don't wash it after slicing else it become too slimy.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add the carom seeds and cumin.
- When seeds start crackling add asafoetida and then add the turmeric powder.
- Immediately add the sliced arbi and stir fry for a minute.
- Add salt and mix well. cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
- Keep stiring it 2-3 times in between else it may stick or burn at the bottom.
- When arbi slices become soft then add all the dry spices and mix well.
- Stir fry for a minute and then switch off the flame.
- Add lemon juice and fresh coriander ,mix and serve as a side dish or snack.