Kairi Ni Katki , Sweet Mango Pickle
Kairi Ni Katki or Katki Kairi is an Instant and Easy Sweet mango pickle from Gujarati Cuisine.
- 1/2 kg Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam
- 1/2 kg Jaggary / Gud *
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 8 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Whole red chilies
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
Wash and peel the raw mangoes and chop into small pieces.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds.
When seeds start to crackle then add cinnamon, cloves ,pepper corn, black cardamom, whole red chilies and asafoetida .
Now add chopped raw mango,turmeric and salt and saute for a minute.
Cover with a lid and simmer for 2 minutes or till it become half done.
Now and jaggary , mix gently and simmer till the jaggary melts completely.
Now cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Switch off the flame and add the kashmiri chili powder and mix well and let it cool down completely.
When it come to room temperature then fill it in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.
Enjoy it with thepla ,paratha, khichdi or daal chawal.