Kairi Ni Katki or Katki Kairi is an Instant Sweet mango pickle from Gujarati Cuisine.
Kairi Ni Katki is a simple no fuss sweet and tangy pickle which is quite similar to Aam ki Launji recipe , Aam ki launji is little thicker and kairi ki katki gravy is on thinner side . There are so many delicious pickles and recipe from Gujarati cuisine. khichdi, Surati Tuvar Daal , Dabeli Recipe which I make regularly in my kitchen- – Gujarati mango pickle , Gujarti Kadhi , Aam ka chunda, Khaman Dhokla , Gujarati vaghareli
Making this Katki kairi / kairi ni katki is so easy and fuss free that even beginners can make it. Raw mangoes are used for making this katki kairi , you can use any variety of raw mango available.
Raw mangoes are peeled and chopped into small pieces and then tempered with mustard, cumin and whole garam masala. Traditionally jaggary is added in this for sweetness but you can also use brown sugar or white sugar if jaggary is not available.The gravy or rasa of this pickle is quite watery ,don’t over cook to make it thicker.
This katki kairi pickle stays well for a week on room temperature and a month in the refrigerator . You can serve this Katki kairi with thepla and parathas and it also goes well with khichdi and rice and daal combo.
You can also try these delicious Gujarati Recipes-
- Gujarati Waghareli khichdi
- Surati Tuvar Daal ,
- Dabeli Recipe
- Gujarati mango pickle ,
- Gujarti Kadhi ,
- Aam ka chunda,
- Khaman Dhokla ,
- Gujarati vaghareli
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook ,Twitter, Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
Kairi Ni Katki , Sweet Mango Pickle
- 1/2 kg Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam
- 1/2 kg Jaggary / Gud *
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 8 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 4 Whole red chilies
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- Wash and peel the raw mangoes and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard and cumin seeds.
- When seeds start to crackle then add cinnamon, cloves ,pepper corn, black cardamom, whole red chilies and asafoetida .
- Now add chopped raw mango,turmeric and salt and saute for a minute.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 2 minutes or till it become half done.
- Now and jaggary , mix gently and simmer till the jaggary melts completely.
- Now cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Switch off the flame and add the kashmiri chili powder and mix well and let it cool down completely.
- When it come to room temperature then fill it in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.
- Enjoy it with thepla ,paratha, khichdi or daal chawal.