Easy Masala Baigan- In Pressure Cooker
Masala baigan- Easy and delicious masala baigan recipe made in pressure cooker
Prep Time8 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time16 mins
Servings: 5 person
- 500 gms Baby Brinjal / Baby Eggplant / Chhote Baingan
- 250 GMS Tomatoes / Tamatar pureed
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 2 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- pinch Garam masala
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
Tempering/ tadka/ waghar
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
Wash and make 2 slits in the brinjals half way,keep them intact at the end
Mix all the spices in 1/4 cup water and keep aside.
Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add the tempering ingredients.
When cumin and mustard start to crackle then add the tomato puree, curry leaves and the spice mixture.
Saute it for a minute and then add the brinjals and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Now add 2 tbsp water, fresh coriander and mix.
Pressure cook for 1 whistle on medium heat.(it make take 2 whistles to cook as the cooking time depends on the quality and size of the brinjals )
Wait for 5 minutes or till the pressure cooker cool down completely.
Open the cooker and stir it once to mix.
Garnish with fresh coriander or dill leaves and serve hot.
Goes well with daal -rice or paratha and roti.