Masala baigan- Easy and delicious masala baigan recipe made in pressure cooker
Brinjal/ baigan is among the vegetable which can be made in so many different ways. It is eaten in all parts of India ,every state have there own recipes of making brinjal. Most of the people love brinjal but there are few who dislikes it specially kids avoid eating brinjal.
I love making bharwa baigan but it takes some time to stuff the brinjals and then cooking them in a pan and as my kids don’t like them much so I tried this easy baigan recipe using pressure cooker and it turn out delicious. Now I often makes this masala baigan ,it goes very well with daal rice and paratha and rotis.
You can make so many recipes with brinjal. In Northern India the most popular one is
- Baigan ka Bharta.
- Sem Baigan,
- U.P Style Bharwa Baigan,
- Choliya aur Baigan ki sabzi,
- Aloo Baigan ki sabzi
- Baigan ka chokha
You can also follow me on Pinterest , Facebook , Instagram and You Tube for more delicious recipes and updates
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Easy Masala Baigan- In Pressure Cooker
- 500 gms Baby Brinjal / Baby Eggplant / Chhote Baingan
- 250 GMS Tomatoes / Tamatar pureed
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tbsp Fennel Seeds / Saunf
- 2 tbsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- to taste Salt / Namak
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- pinch Garam masala
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
Tempering/ tadka/ waghar
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- Wash and make 2 slits in the brinjals half way,keep them intact at the end
- Mix all the spices in 1/4 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add the tempering ingredients.
- When cumin and mustard start to crackle then add the tomato puree, curry leaves and the spice mixture.
- Saute it for a minute and then add the brinjals and saute for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add 2 tbsp water, fresh coriander and mix.
- Pressure cook for 1 whistle on medium heat.(it make take 2 whistles to cook as the cooking time depends on the quality and size of the brinjals )
- Wait for 5 minutes or till the pressure cooker cool down completely.
- Open the cooker and stir it once to mix.
- Garnish with fresh coriander or dill leaves and serve hot.
- Goes well with daal -rice or paratha and roti.
Gauri Tiwari says
Your website is just what I was looking for! Vegetarian and satvik!! You have wonderful imaginative recipes with lovely pictures! Thank you so much for your work
Thank you so much Gauri !