Bharwa Kele Ki Sabzi, Stuffed Banana Sabzi
Bharwa Kele Ki sabzi- Ripe Banana stuffed with few basic spices and stir fried
Servings: 4 person
Spices for Stuffing
- 4 Ripe Banana
- 2.5 TSP Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 4 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
Wash and finely chop the Fenugreek/ Methi leaves.
Take a bowl and add all the ingredients for stuffing and the chopped fenugreek leaves and mix it well.
Wash the bananas, trim the edges and slice to make each banana into two pieces or 3 pieces (don't peel the banana skin)
Now slit the banana to make cavity lengthwise.
Stuff the prepared spice mix in the banana cavities
Heat oil in a heavy flat bottom deep pan.
Add cumin seeds ,pinch carom seeds and when they start crackling add asafoetida, turmeric and salt and stir to mix.
Now add the stuffed bananas in the pan and cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
Turn the sides of the bananas and let it cook from the other side .
Cook till done and then serve hot with roti, poori or daal rice .
- You can substitute mango powder with lemon juice ,then don't add oil in the stuffing.
- Can use fresh coriander leaves if fenugreek is not available but fenugreek gives awesome taste.
- Cooking time depends on the quality and ripeness of the banana.
- Traditionally the peel is not removed while cooking and eating.
- you can add a mix of black salt and table salt.