Bharwa Kele Ki sabzi – Semi Ripe Banana stuffed with few basic spices and stir fried
Bharwa Kele ki sabzi- Banana is a very popular and easily available fruit . Banana is very reasonably priced and a very healthy and nutritious fruit. It is very good in fiber so makes you full for a long time and is heart healthy.It is very good for digestion and build up metabolism. It is very rich in Vitamins and minerals like Manganese, Folate, Potassium,Iron,calcium and B6 .
Bananas low salt and high potassium content make it ideal for the people with high blood pressure. The starch in banana has a prebiotic effect which helps to keep gut healthy. Eating a banana daily helps to cure stomach Ulcer and heartburn. So its a healthy fruit and should be included daily in our diet.
For making this Bharwa kela ki sabzi use just ripe banana as the sweetness of ripe banana goes very well with the spicy tangy filling. You can also use semi ripe bananas to make bharwa kele ki sabzi but I prefer to use ripe bananas. (but don’t use over ripe banana to make this )Its a very quick and easy recipe ,you can serve this stuffed banana sabzi with roti ,paratha or daal rice combo ,goes well with almost anything. Traditionally It is stuffed and eaten along with the peel but you can remove the peel before eating if you wish too.
Though Banana is a very nutritious fruit but there are many who don’t like the taste of banana thus avoid eating it. You can make them eat banana by making curry, stir fry, shakes and stuffed sabzi for them.
I have already posted Few Banana Recipes you can try these curries and enjoy the health fruit banana .
- Minty Banana Raita ,
- Stuffed Banana Pakoda,
- Paka kela ki khatti methi sabzi ,
- Kela Methi Nu Shaak ,
- Raw Banana Fry
Bharwa Kele Ki Sabzi, Stuffed Banana Sabzi
Spices for Stuffing
- 4 Ripe Banana
- 2.5 TSP Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 4 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2.5 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 1/2 cup Fresh Fenugreek / Hari Methi chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Cooking Oil
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar / Chini
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Salt / Namak
- Wash and finely chop the Fenugreek/ Methi leaves.
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients for stuffing and the chopped fenugreek leaves and mix it well.
- Wash the bananas, trim the edges and slice to make each banana into two pieces or 3 pieces (don't peel the banana skin)
- Now slit the banana to make cavity lengthwise.
- Stuff the prepared spice mix in the banana cavities
- Heat oil in a heavy flat bottom deep pan.
- Add cumin seeds ,pinch carom seeds and when they start crackling add asafoetida, turmeric and salt and stir to mix.
- Now add the stuffed bananas in the pan and cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Turn the sides of the bananas and let it cook from the other side .
- Cook till done and then serve hot with roti, poori or daal rice .
- You can substitute mango powder with lemon juice ,then don't add oil in the stuffing.
- Can use fresh coriander leaves if fenugreek is not available but fenugreek gives awesome taste.
- Cooking time depends on the quality and ripeness of the banana.
- Traditionally the peel is not removed while cooking and eating.
- you can add a mix of black salt and table salt.