Raw Banana Fry Recipe
Raw banana Fry- crispy banana stir fry cooked in Southern Indian style
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 5 Raw Banana/ kachcha kela
- 1.5 tsp Ginger / Adrak grated
- 10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
- 1/2 Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1 Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1.5 Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 1.5 Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- sal to taste
- 7 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp White Lentils / Urad ki dal (dhuli)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/4 Asafoetida / Hing powder
Wash and peel firm green raw bannas using a potato peeler.
Now slice them into thin roundels and blanch in hot boiling water for 2 minutes.
Drain and keep aside (the blanching process is optional ,you can skip this step)
Add salt ,chili powder and turmeric in the banana pieces and mix well.
Heat oil in a wide and heavy bottom pan.
Add urad daal, Mustard seeds ,when seeds start to crackle then add asafoetida, curry leaves and grated ginger
Now add the sliced banana (1/2 quantity)and mix well, try to spread them in a single layer.
Now cook on low heat and keep turn sides in between to avoid burning or sticking to the pan.(you can cover the pan with a lid for 2-3 minutes)
When they get a nice golden colour from both the sides and become soft then remove from the pan and add mango powder or some lemon juice.
Repeat the process from the remaining raw bananas.
Serve hot with sambhar rice or rotis or have as a snack with tea or coffee.