sookha kala chana, How to make sookha kalala chana
Sookha Kala Chana- Black chickpeas boiled and stir fried with few basic Indian spices- for Devi Ashtmi Pooja
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 5 person
- 1.5 cup Black Chickpeas / Kala Chana
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 1.5 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt / Kala Namak
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch
- 1 inch Ginger / Adrak
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Wash kala chana and soak overnight or for minimum 8 hours in enough water.
Drain the water from the soaked chana and wash with fresh water.
Now add the soaked chana in the pressure cooker and add salt and water (approx 1.5 inch above the chana level )
Pressure cook till done,it may take 4-6 whistles depending on the quality of chana.
Let the pressure cool down and then open the cooker.
Add all the powdered spices in 1/4 cup water and mix well.(use the water in which you have boiled the chick peas)
Heat ghee or oil in the pan and add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
Add chopped green chilies and ginger and stir for few seconds.
Add the spices mixed with water and stir fry for a minute or till it slightly thickens.
Now add the boiled chana along with some water.(not more then 1 cup)
Let it simmer on low heat till it absorb the moisture and become almost dry.
Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander, few Ginger Juliennes and lemon juice.
Serve with poori or paratha or as a snack.