Bengali Aloo Chorchori
A quick and easy recipe of dry aloo sabzi- A Bengali Speciality
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 3 person
- 3 Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak
- 1/3 tsp Nigella Seeds / Kalonji
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
peel the boiled potatoes and cube into small pieces.
heat oil in a pan and add nigella and green chilies and stir.
when nigella star to crackle add ginger and stir for a minute.
now add chopped potat and salt and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat.
Add chopped coriander and serve hot with luchi or parathas.
- You can add a pinch of sugar if you wish.
- Traditionally turmeric is not added but you can add a pinch if you want a slight colour in it.
- can use panch phoron for the tempering for a variation in taste.