Barbatti Aloo Sabzi,Long bean potato curry
Simple and delicious Yard long beans and potato stir fry
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 5 person
- 350 gms Long bean/barbatti/boda
- 250 gms Potatoes / Aloo 2 medium
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
Wash ,trim the ends and chop the beans into small pieces.
Wash peel and chop potatoes into long medium thick slices.
Heat oil in apan and add cumin and mustard seeds.
When cumin become golden then add asafoetida and curry leaves.
Add turmeric in the pan and then add the chopped beans and potatoes.
Add salt and mix the vegetables well.
Cover the pan with alid and cook on slow heat.
When it is half done then add the chopped tomatoe s,mix and cover and simmer .
When the potatoes are done add the remaining spices and mix properly.
Remove the lid and let it cook for a minute.stir 2-3 times .
Serve with roti or rice