Lobhia Phali Aloo ki sabzi- Yard long beans and potato stir fry
Lobhia Phali Aloo Ki sabzi-Yardlong beans/Chinese Long beans/Barbatti /Boda/ Karamani /Lobhia ki phali so many names for this simple and healthy bean ! This long bean is quite popular all over India .These beans are longer than the french beans, are of about 6-7 inches, thin and round with small seeds inside. Long bean is mainly a summer vegetable but now very easily available throughout the year.
These beans taste best when they are fresh,green and tender .These beans are not as soft as french beans so it is better to chop them finely if you are making a thin curry .If the outer skin got slightly mature then you can peel it and use the seeds inside to make a curry .When the pods are mature then they are shelled and the seeds are dried and sold as cow peas or Lobhia.
Like all other beans it also has numerous health benefits. It has a very good amount of fiber so very good for stomach and bowel movement .Recommended for diabetic and hyper tension patients as it helps to lower cholesterol and is diuretic in nature.
You can make so many different types of curry or stir fry with long beans.
Do try these delicious Beans Recipes-
- Barbatti Masala
- Potato and yardlong bean curry .
- Masala Long Beans
- Lobhia Phali Aloo Ki Sabzi
- Sem Aloo Ki Sabzi
- Valor Muthiya Nu Shaak
- Guvar Phali Ki Sabzi
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayeka
Barbatti Aloo Sabzi,Long bean potato curry
- 350 gms Long bean/barbatti/boda
- 250 gms Potatoes / Aloo 2 medium
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- 3/4 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- 1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- 1.5 tsp Coriander Powder / Dhaniya Powder
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil / Sarso ka tel
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 10 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
- Wash ,trim the ends and chop the beans into small pieces.
- Wash peel and chop potatoes into long medium thick slices.
- Heat oil in apan and add cumin and mustard seeds.
- When cumin become golden then add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add turmeric in the pan and then add the chopped beans and potatoes.
- Add salt and mix the vegetables well.
- Cover the pan with alid and cook on slow heat.
- When it is half done then add the chopped tomatoe s,mix and cover and simmer .
- When the potatoes are done add the remaining spices and mix properly.
- Remove the lid and let it cook for a minute.stir 2-3 times .
- Serve with roti or rice