Mix Fruit Chutney
A healthy and delicious Mixed fruit Relish
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Red apple
- 1 Green Apple
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 2 Plum/aloo bukhara
- 2 Peach
- 1 Raw Mango / Kachcha Aam
- 2 tbsp Dried Black Raisin
- 1 cup Sugar / Chini
- 1 tbsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2.5 tbsp Vinegar / Sirka
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
Peel,deseed and chop orange into small pieces.
Peel,core and chop apples into small pieces.
Peel and chop kiwi ,peach ,raw mango and plum.
Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin and when it start to crackle add cardamom and cinnamon.
Now add all the chopped fruits and 3 tbsps of water.
Cover and cook on low heat till apples become soft .
Now add sugar,ginger and all the spices and simmer till it start to thicken.
Let it cool down completely and then store in a glass bottle
Keep refrigerated .
- You can also use grapes or normal raisins instead of dried black raisins.
- Can use crushed pepper powder instead of red chili powder if you are making it for fasting.
- You can make it chunky or can mash it after adding sugar.I made it quite chunky.
- Quantity of sugar depends on the tartness of the oranges.