Moongphali Aloo Ki Sabzi, Peanut Potato Stir Fry
Potatoes stir fried with peanuts, sesame, cumin and few Indian spices- A perfect recipe for fasting
Servings: 5 person
- 5 medium size Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 3.5 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali crushed
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds / Til
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.25 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1.25 Tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
Peel the boiled potatoes and chop into medium size pieces.
Heat oil in a pan and then add crsuhed peanuts and cumin seeds.
Stir fry on low heat till the peanuts turn golden in colour
Now add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and stir for few seconds.
Add the chopped potatotes in the pan and mix.
Cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat ,stir 2-3 times in between.
Add salt ,pepper powder and mango powder and mix.
Let it cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes ,stir in between so it will not stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
Add chopped fresh coriander and mix.
Serve hot with poori,paratha or serve as a tea time snack.
- Can adjust the quantity of peanut as per your liking.
- Crushed or whole peanuts can also be added.
- If mango powder is not available then substitute it with lemon juice.
- If you are not making this for fasting then can add turmeric,curry leaves,green chilies and red chili powder.