Potatoes stir fried with peanuts, sesame, cumin and few Indian spices- A perfect recipe for fasting
Ganapati festival is started in Indian and people are busy in so many preparations and decorations .Houses and pooja mandaps are decorated with flower and colourful lights and so many delicious recipes are offered daily as Prashad or Naivedya to Ganapati and then distributed among the friends and family members.
There are few recipes which are specially made during this Ganesh Pooja festival but all food should be cooked without the use of onion and garlic.Some people fast during Ganapati and eat only falahari food/fasting food. This Moongphali aloo ki sabzi Ialways makes for Ganapati pooja and other fasting days.I have posted many recipes for fasting- Dahi Aloo ki sabzi , Kuttu ka Dahi vada , Rajgiri ki poori, ,Kalakand , Lauki ka Halwa, Badam ka halwa, Pumpkin Raita and much more.
This Moongphali aloo ki sabzi can be served as a snack or as a side dish with poori or parathas. I have used crushed peanuts in it but you can also use whole peanuts in it. You can also adjust the quantity of peanut in it ,can increase the quantity up to 1/3 cup if you wish.
As I made this stir fry for fasting , I have used pepper powder and mango powder only but you can use turmeric, chili powder, curry leaves and chopped green chilies if you wish. It tastes awesome both ways. I have used Cooking oil for making this aloo ki sabzi but you can also use ghee which gives an awesome flavour to this stir-fry.
Moongphali Aloo Ki Sabzi, Peanut Potato Stir Fry
- 5 medium size Potatoes / Aloo boiled
- 3.5 tbsp Peanuts / Moongphali crushed
- 2 tsp Sesame Seeds / Til
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1.25 tsp Pepper Powder / Kali Mirch
- 1.25 Tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/3 tsp Asafoetida / Hing powder
- 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- Peel the boiled potatoes and chop into medium size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and then add crsuhed peanuts and cumin seeds.
- Stir fry on low heat till the peanuts turn golden in colour
- Now add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and stir for few seconds.
- Add the chopped potatotes in the pan and mix.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on medium heat ,stir 2-3 times in between.
- Add salt ,pepper powder and mango powder and mix.
- Let it cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes ,stir in between so it will not stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and mix.
- Serve hot with poori,paratha or serve as a tea time snack.
- Can adjust the quantity of peanut as per your liking.
- Crushed or whole peanuts can also be added.
- If mango powder is not available then substitute it with lemon juice.
- If you are not making this for fasting then can add turmeric,curry leaves,green chilies and red chili powder.