Mushroom matar pulao
Mushroom,corn and pea Pulao -made in the Pressure cooker
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 persons
- 1.5 cup Rice/chawal
- 1.25 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 10 Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar grated
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 8 Babycorn sliced
- 5 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 1 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 10 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
Wash and soak rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes.
Wash ,wipe and slice the mushrooms.
Heat oil or ghee in the pressure cooker or in a pan.
Add the tempering ingredients(cumin,whole spices and whole red chili) and stir.
When cumin start crackling add the sliced mushroom and saute till the water released from the mushroom dries up and they turn golden in colour.
Add green chilies and saute for few seconds.Now add the tomato ,baby corns,soaked rice,peas and saute for a minute.
Add yogurt ,ginger,mint and all the spices and stir gently.
Now add 3 cups of warm water and pressure cook for a whistle .
Wait till the pressure comes down,then open the pressure cooker and gently fluff up the cooked rice with a fork.
If cooking in a pan then cook till done .
Garnish with some mint or corinader leaves and serve hot
Serving suggestions-Serve with youghurt or raita
- the pressure cooking time depends on the quality of rice ,it may take 1-2 whistles to cook.
- You can also cook it in a heavy bottom pan till done ,may need to add few extra tbsps of water.
- Can add sliced potatoes instead of baby corns.