Mushroom Matar Pulao – Quick and delicious pulao made in a Pressure cooker
Mushroom matar pulao is a very healthy and nutritious vegetable but some how I didn’t like the texture and taste of it may be because during my childhood we don’t consume mushroom at my mothers place .
Now my children loves mushroom and I only eat mushrooms in Pizzas.Some how I started liking the taste of it and tried using it in few recipes some times.Few days back I made Kadhai Mushroom which every one loves.
I always prefer to make Home made pizza as I don’t like the blend taste of restaurant pizzas and I always add mushrooms in it. A delicious and easy – Pizza puffs is my daughters favorite snack and I makes it often as an easy and quick fix snack.
As mushroom is a very healthy and nutrition packed vegetable so I tried this mushroom matar pulao for a change and we all loved it so much. I made this mushroom pea pulao in the pressure cooker for a quick version but it can also be done in a pan .
Mushroom matar pulao
- 1.5 cup Rice/chawal
- 1.25 cup Green Peas / Hari Matar
- 10 Button Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes / Tamatar grated
- 3 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch Slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 8 Babycorn sliced
- 5 tbsp Yogurt / Dahi
- 3.5 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 2 Bay Leaves / Tej Patta
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
- 4 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
- 4 Cloves / Lavang
- 1 Black Cardamom / Badi Elaichi
- 10 Peppercorns / Sabut Kali Mirch
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- Wash and soak rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash ,wipe and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat oil or ghee in the pressure cooker or in a pan.
- Add the tempering ingredients(cumin,whole spices and whole red chili) and stir.
- When cumin start crackling add the sliced mushroom and saute till the water released from the mushroom dries up and they turn golden in colour.
- Add green chilies and saute for few seconds.Now add the tomato ,baby corns,soaked rice,peas and saute for a minute.
- Add yogurt ,ginger,mint and all the spices and stir gently.
- Now add 3 cups of warm water and pressure cook for a whistle .
- Wait till the pressure comes down,then open the pressure cooker and gently fluff up the cooked rice with a fork. If cooking in a pan then cook till done .
- Garnish with some mint or corinader leaves and serve hot
- Serving suggestions-Serve with youghurt or raita
- the pressure cooking time depends on the quality of rice ,it may take 1-2 whistles to cook.
- You can also cook it in a heavy bottom pan till done ,may need to add few extra tbsps of water.
- Can add sliced potatoes instead of baby corns.