Kadhai Mushroom- Stir fried mushroom and capsicum cooked in a tangy tomato sauce.A delicious and easy to make recipe from Punjabi cuisine.
Servings: 4 persons
- 250 grams Button Mushroom
- 1 1/2 tbsp Refined Flour / Maida
- 400 grams Tomato / Tamatar
- 125 grams Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
- 1 tsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds/ sabut dhaniya
- 2 Dried Red Chilli, Whole
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder
- Salt / Namak to taste
- 1/2 tsp Dried Fenugreek / Kasoori Methi
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh cream
- 3 1/2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes / Kuti Lal Mirch
Take a bowl , add mushrooms and sprinkle refined flour over them. Mix gently and wait for a minute , then peel of the skin of the mushrooms and slice(or just wash and wipe with a cloth)
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add sliced mushrooms and saute till all the water released from the mushrooms dries up.. Now take them out in a bowl
In the pan add 1.5 tbsp oil and heat .Now add crushed coriander seeds,whole red chilies(broken in pieces) and chili flakes and stir for few seconds.
Add ginger chili paste and saute and then add chopped tomatoes and salt.
Cook till tomato gets soft and pulpy.
Now add kasoori methi, turmeric powder and chopped capsicum and mix.
Add 1/2 cup water and cook till it thickens slightly.
Now add the mushrooms and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
Add fresh cream and chopped fresh coriander and mix ,cook for a minute.
Serve hot with rice or any Indian bread.