Baigan ka Raita
Brinjal and yogurt dip- Baigan Ka Raita- A cool and refreshing Brinjal and yogurt dip
Servings: 3 person
- 1 Brinjals / Baingan medium size
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch minced
- 6 Curry Leaves
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
Wash and finely chop the brinjal.
Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the cubed brinjal and stir for a minute.
Cover with a lid and let it cook till done.(you can also deep fry the pieces if you wish)
Remove the brinjal pieces in a bowl and let it come to the room temperature.
Take a bowl and add yougurt ,salt and chili powder in it and whisk it well.
Add the cooked brinjal pieces in it.
In the remaining oil in which you have roasted the brinjal add the tempering(add some more oil if needed)
When cumin become golden in colour add it in the yogurt mixture and mix gently
Now add chopped coriander in the yogurt mixture and chill before serving.