Baigan Ka Raita- A cool and refreshing Brinjal and yogurt dip
Bigan ka Raita- As Summer is already set in India and every one need some thing cool and refreshing food in the hot summer.Yogurt is the best option to include in your diet to cool down your system as it is very good for digestion, Reduces high blood pressure ,even many lactose intolerant people can safely consume yogurt.
Yogurt is also very healthy for the heart and boost immunity.It releases stress and anxiety and very good for teeth and bone health.You can easily incorporate yogurt in your meal planning .you can make different types of raitas, chaas and many yogurt base curries .
I make sure to make a raita daily in either lunch or dinner .Raita’s are quick and easy to make and so are regular in my kitchen. So do make it a habit of including yogurt in your diet in interesting manner.
To make this baigan ka raita finely chopped brinjal pieces are tempered and cooked before adding in the yogurt .it can go well with rice and roti both.Best served chilled as a side dish.
Do try these delicious yogurt recipes-
- Dahi ki arbi
- Lauki ka raita
- Yellow pumpkin raita
- Dahi Aloo Chaat
- Kashmiri dahi baigan
- Bhindi ka Raita
★ Have you tried this recipe? Click on the stars ★ in the recipe card to let us know your feedback! If you tried it then You can also click the recipe pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #maayek
Baigan ka Raita
- 1 Brinjals / Baingan medium size
- 1 cup Yogurt / Dahi
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder / Laal mirch powder
- To taste Salt / Namak
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
- 2 tsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds / Rai *
- 1 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch minced
- 6 Curry Leaves
- Pinch Asafoetida / Hing powder
- Wash and finely chop the brinjal.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and add the cubed brinjal and stir for a minute.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook till done.(you can also deep fry the pieces if you wish)
- Remove the brinjal pieces in a bowl and let it come to the room temperature.
- Take a bowl and add yougurt ,salt and chili powder in it and whisk it well.
- Add the cooked brinjal pieces in it.
- In the remaining oil in which you have roasted the brinjal add the tempering(add some more oil if needed)
- When cumin become golden in colour add it in the yogurt mixture and mix gently
- Now add chopped coriander in the yogurt mixture and chill before serving.